Monday, November 10, 2008

Theyre floating through the waves.


I can see everything,
From up in my hot air balloon.
The world is a patchwork quilt.
Intricately designed,
All the colors imaginable.
Up in my hot air balloon,
It's nothing but me,
And my music.
And you.
And up in my hot air balloon,
Where no one can hear us,
And we can hear no one,
We talk.
And we laugh.
About everything.
From small things,
TV shows,
Favorite songs.
To other things,
Like our lives.
Where we headed,
And if we like it.
We share our fears,
And our joys.
Tell our stories from the beginning.
Up in my hot air balloon,
The weather is always warm,
And breezy.
It's a gently ride.
And all of a sudden,
The balloon has popped.
But we're not afraid.
We grab each other's hands,
And jump.
And we laugh the whole way down.
We smile, and we laugh, and we yell.
And everybody stops and stares at us:
Laughing and yelling,
Practically falling out of the sky.
And right before we hit the ground,
I wake up.


♥ tookie

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That's really cool. I like the poem. Did you write it?

Sara Fowler said...

You are my best lady.